I’ve decided to start writing Monthly Link Love posts each month! These types of posts are a way for bloggers to share their favorite links and articles each month. I’ve chosen my favorite articles from March 2013 and am sharing them here! I am getting a late start this month (or an early start depending on how you look at it). In the future you can expect (fingers crossed) to see these posts closer to the end of each month or the beginning of the following month. Make sense? Ok, here goes!
- For all you ladies, March produced some great info on how to balance hormones naturally as well as the best home remedies for PMS. Those of you who know me personally know that I’m all about this stuff. Those of you who don’t, I’ll spare you the details
- If you enjoy making your own cleaning products, check out this recipe for easy homemade laundry detergent. You can also learn how to do your spring cleaning with baking soda. I, personally, love the stuff and am still finding new ways to use it.
- Prefer homemade body products to cleaning products (who likes cleaning, anyway)? Check out these recipes for Victorian tinted lip balm, simple homemade bronzer, and this hydrating watermelon face mask. Why not even make your own shower soothers?
- Get your garden started with this post that provides resources for planning your garden. I also loved this article that talks about 20 perennial vegetables to plant once and enjoy forever!
- If you’ve got a sweet tooth like me, you’ll love this recipe for homemade chocolate almond butter. I’d love to try this with hazelnuts too for a Nutella substitute. I’ve also been wanting to try this dairy- and allergen-free recipe for easy banana chai ice cream. What’s better? You don’t even need an ice cream maker!
- I’ve been on a homemade granola kick lately and can’t wait to try this recipe for gluten-free and grain-free buckwheat apple granola (apparently buckwheat is a fruit seed–who knew?)! This recipe doesn’t require a dehydrator which has me super-excited!
- If you live somewhere where it’s still cold, warm up with this chicken and coconut curry soup! This is just what I need for this snowy Colorado winter. If you don’t live somewhere cold, make us jealous by leaving a comment below about all of the fun warm-weather activities you are enjoying (not kidding–let us live vicariously through your vitamin D soaked days)!
Whew! Well, how’s that for my first whirlwind tour of March’s most exciting sustainable, simple, and homemade articles? I hope you’ve enjoyed it!
Photo credit: EmpoweredSustenance.com